"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"

"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"
"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ" according to Bishop Athanasius Schneider: 1. Mass versus populum. 2. Communion in the hand. 3. The Novus Ordo Offertory prayers. 4. Disappearance of Latin in the Ordinary Form. 5. Liturgical services of lector and acolyte by women and ministers in lay clothing.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

ARCHBISHOP AGOSTINO MARCHETTO ON THE BOLOGNA SCHOOL



“Vatican II was a great event, a synthesis between tradition and renewal that is not a break with the past in the creation of a new Church,” the archbishop said during a speech on the Catholic Church in the 20th century in the city of Ancona.

He said the members of the School of Bologna have been very successful in “monopolizing and imposing one interpretation” of Vatican II that goes beyond what John XXIII and Paul VI imagined, even so far as to propose “a Copernican revolution, the passing to…another Catholicism.”


Papa Francesco wrote Archbishop Marchetto the following letter voicing his own support for his work:

Dear Monsignor Marchetto,
With these lines I wish to make myself close to you and to join the ceremony of the presentation of the book “Papal Primacy and the Episcopate: From the First Millennium to the Second Ecumenical Vatican Council.” I ask you to feel me spiritually present.
The theme of the book is a tribute to the love you have for the Church, a loyal and at the same time poetic love. Loyalty and poetry are not objects of commerce: they are not bought or sold, they are simply virtues rooted in the heart of a son who feels the Church as Mother, or to be more precise, and to say it with an Ignatian family “air,” as “the hierarchic Holy Mother Church.”
You have manifested this love in many ways, including correcting an error or imprecision on my part, -- and for this I thank you from my heart --, but above all it has been manifested in all its purity in the studies made on Vatican Council II.
Once I said to you, dear Monsignor Marchetto, and today I wish to repeat it, that I consider you the best interpreter of Vatican Council II. I know that it is a gift of God, but I also know that you have made it fructify.
I am grateful to you for all the good you to us with your witness of love for the Church and I ask the Lord to reward you abundantly.
I ask you, please, not to forget to pray for me. May Jesus bless you and the Holy Virgin protect you.
Vatican, October 7, 2013
Fraternally,
Francis

No comments: