"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"

"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"
"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ" according to Bishop Athanasius Schneider: 1. Mass versus populum. 2. Communion in the hand. 3. The Novus Ordo Offertory prayers. 4. Disappearance of Latin in the Ordinary Form. 5. Liturgical services of lector and acolyte by women and ministers in lay clothing.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Out of necessity


Since my work schedule now requires me to work more Sundays a month than I would like I am now out of necessity to make a painful decision. There is only one diocesan sponsored usus antiquior in my city on any given Sunday. There are 2 or 3 that are either SSPX, Sedevacantist, Sedeprivationist ect at various chapels. My dilemma is one that I'm sure many out there are faced with: what to do when I am unable to assist at the diocesan sponsored usus antiquior? I would not have issue with going to a chapel of SSPX. I have at this time opted to try to find a tolerable missa ordinaria which is like finding a needle in a haystack. It is a real dilemma of conscience for me. I have issue with alot that goes on at most parish liturgies. My real dilemma is that because of circumstances being the way they are ie. 'EXTRAORDINARY ministers of the Eucharist', hand communion, and just the whole decorum that goes along with celebrations of average missa ordinaria. My biggest issue is not being able to kneel for holy communion which bothers me a great deal and so normally (like today) I went with out and made a spiritual communion which is a great sacrifice. Would that there were parishes like a former one of mine Church and School of St. Agnes or St. Joseph Catholic Church, Detroit, Michigan or St John Cantius Parish to name a few places where the missa ordinaria are celebrated with as much hermeneutic of continuity as possible. Alas I don't have this option. I beg your prayers that the liturgical landscape will begin to change soon.

5 comments:

Boniface said...

Well, however much we don't like it, the Novus Ordo is a valid Mass, and sometimes you just have to humble yourself and endure it the best you can.

Could you please explain to me what a Sedeprivationist it?

Boniface
unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com

Genevieve said...

are you in detroit??

why dont you attend assumption grotto--if so?

Jeffrey Smith said...

Why not try a bit of humility? No one appointed you pope, so stop acting as if your personal preference is more important than remaining on the Barque of St. Peter.

Unknown said...

Well, I make it a point never to attend the Novus Ordo. The only time I do is when there's a family wedding or funeral, then there's no choice. The experience is almost always disappointing and sad.

Unknown said...

No one appointed him pope? I wish they had!