"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"

"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"
"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ" according to Bishop Athanasius Schneider: 1. Mass versus populum. 2. Communion in the hand. 3. The Novus Ordo Offertory prayers. 4. Disappearance of Latin in the Ordinary Form. 5. Liturgical services of lector and acolyte by women and ministers in lay clothing.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

FASTING


This will be the third year or so that i've sought to hold to a more traditional fast during the season of Lent. This means for me one major meal and two smaller meals that together do not equal the major meal. I try because of my blood sugar to drink pure fruit juice between my meals. As I long ago gave up flesh meats I try to limit my use of eggs and dairy to Sundays without being too scrupulous about it. This being more akin to the fast held by eastern churches. I find I do very well increasing my intake of fresh vegetables, legumes & whole grains. I also try to drink lots of fresh water. The practice of fasting has made me appreciate food and God's providence alot more. Fasting has made me more grateful for God's bounty and much more aware.


The fisheaters website has alot of wonderful information on Fasting and Abstinence. I am going to try to include some good lenten recipes for all my readers.

No comments: